Why Choose Whyte's
- Exceptional presentation and marketing resulting in optimum realisations
- Superbly produced informative and well researched catalogues written and edited by experts and profusely illustrated
- A long established national and international client base
- An unequalled reputation for integrity and discretion acquired over more than two centuries of family business in Dublin
- Prompt payment after the sale in any currency to any country in the world - we are extremely experienced at dealing with clients from outside the State, including organising special non-resident accounts with Bank of Ireland for overseas vendors
- Whyte's trading as Whyte & Sons Auctioneers Limited is licensed by the Property Services Regulatory Authority of Ireland - Licence No. 001759 - to conduct auctions.
Commission is 10% to 20% depending on the realisation of the items. All risks insurance is arranged for all property while in our care or in transit to or from our premises and is charged at 1% of the hammer price or of the reserve if unsold. Entry fees are €40 per lot (Art sales) or €10 per lot (Collectibles sales). The minimum charge is €100 per account per auction. No commission is charged on unsold lots except on lots where reserve exceeds the agreed pre-sale valuation; only the entry fee and other agreed expenses (framing, restoration etc) will be charged on unsold lots. Valuations for purposes other than consignment to our auctions, e.g. for probate or insurance, are charged at 1% of the value appraised, or at an agreed hourly rate per valuer plus travelling and related expenses. Full terms and conditions are advised and agreed between Whyte’s and the vendor in advance. VAT is charged at the prevailing rate on all fees except insurance.
Full terms and conditions are advised and agreed between Whyte’s and the vendor in advance.
Whyte's will be pleased to provide advice on the sale of your works of art with no obligation or cost whatsoever.
You may bring works of art or collectibles to our rooms or we can call on you. Please telephone or e-mail for an appointment.
All contact is treated with the utmost discretion and in absolute confidence.
E-mail us today with details of what you have to sell for a free expert opinion - click here to contact us: email@example.com.